Thursday’s @ 6:30pm Kid’s Yoga!
Classes Starting in January 2014!
Being a kid isn’t always easy, they are continuously learning important lessons every day. Our kids are busier than ever, and equally, more stressed. KidYoga allows them to reach within, and take time to check with their bodies and minds. Yoga was meant for children! They are naturally more pliable and resilient, let’s encourage a lifetime of good habits! The class will end with a cool down and final relaxation. Class typically runs about 45 min – 1 hour. We welcome you and your kids!
KidYoga w/Masha Sorin
KidYoga is a great way to learn to enjoy movement, increase body awareness and self-esteem, and to begin taking responsibility for their overall health.
Kids Ages – 3 – 9
‘With so many benefits, from help with asthma, ADD/ADHD, obesity, and even autism. Sign your child up today, and get their health regime started on the right foot…and then the left…just so they’re balanced!’– Masha
The Dance House
1466 F Street
San Diego, California 92101
January & February
Thursday’s at 6:30pm
½, 1/9, 1/16, 1/23, 1/30
2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27
The ability of an individual to discover and express their maximum potential – physically, emotionally, and spiritually as human beings, with an emphasis on meditation, human dignity, along with innovative methods and plans of action with which to direct our own destinies, is known as Holistic Alternative Psychology.
Holistic Alternative Psychology uses exclusive methods, individualized plans of action enabling the ability of the individual to reach their highest potential – physically, emotionally, and spiritually, with advanced perspectives of positive personal growth, changing attitudes from negative to positive. Enhancing intuition and self-discovery through creative endeavors, improving health as impacted by psychological states.
3 Week Holistic Alternative Psychology Program is dedicated to Holistic Healing – mind, body, & spirit – empowering people to help themselves with the necessary information, methods and individualized ‘plans of action’ for anxiety, depression, relationships, old baggage, and generalized stress.
Tao Yoga (Dao-Yin)
(Meditation & Qigong)
In this class we will explore Taoist Meditation.
We will learn seated tao yoga to loosen and prepare the body for seated meditation, Dantian Center activation, opening the energy channel, development of inner healing energy, transformation of sexual energy, circulation of inner energy and energy development in the Dantian Energy Center. This class will help one to gain a deep relaxation, healing, development of inner energy, transformation of negative emotion, self healing, and awakening of spiritual nature.
“When people lived close to nature, their excess emotional and mental energies were dispersed to the earth, the woods, and the water of their environment. As they gardened, camped, swam, star-gazed and interacted intimately with nature, the process of rejuvenation was as automatic as breathing.
However, a modern life-style of automobiles, electronics, and concrete does not provide this kind of release through simply living. The fast-paced acceleration of life burns the candle at the other end and makes energetic release even more important. As more heat is trapped in the body, thinking and emotions are clouded, the body becomes more acidic, and internal organs (including the heart) can over heat and be damaged.
Dao-yin lying and sitting exercises contain a set of postures, breathing exercises, and meditations that are designed to move the excess heat out of the body. The postures stretch, detoxify and revitalize the muscles and the tendons.During the relaxation phase you will learn to feel and gently guide the Chi flow to specific areas of your body. You will learn to absorb the nutrition from the air and the surrounding energy so you can open each cell to the fresh vitality of the universal force. This practice will help you relieve energy stagnation.
Dao-Yin exercises help your internal life force, or Chi, to circulate more freely, for the purpose of refreshing, attuning, adjusting and regenerating your personal energy. All the Dao-Yin movements are based on ancient spiritual development. Daoist Yoga floor postures stretch the difficult-to-reach psoas muscle, calm the mind, open energy channels, and relieve stress. An important aspect of Dao-Yin is that it has alternating phases of activity and relaxation.
The psoas muscle connects & moves the hips, spine and legs. All the movements of Tai Chi Chi Kung come from the psoas muscle. The kidneys are connected to psoas muscle and the temperature of the kidneys affect the expansion or contraction of the psoas. In modern cultures, large ice drinks and prolonged sitting in chairs can cause the kidneys, the psoas muscle and the nerves and ligaments connected to them to contract and become tight. Eventually the psoas shortens until one cannot move it and the body tightens up. Negative energy, such as fear, freezes up the kidneys and psoas muscle. These can be warmed up and lengthened through Dao Yin.
Because the heart is warm and the kidneys are cold, Dao Yin creates balance by drawing heat down from heart into the psoas muscle. We get back pain when the psoas muscles contract and compress the lumbar vertebrae, but warm energy from the heart loosens the psoas and back pain can be minimized or eliminated as the exercises are maintained. Walking will open up the psoas, but many aspects of our culture don’t emphasize walking. When one sits too much in a chair, one sits on the sacrum.
This cuts off the psoas muscle more than sitting only in a squat, as nomadic tribes might have done around a campfire. The Psoas muscle and tendons are like rubber bands in that when they are stretched too much, they looses their strength and power. They can be lengthened by stretching and growing them through the Chi Breathing of Dao Yin.
The combination of active and passive phases of the practice conditions the spine, tendons, ligaments, muscles and diaphragm–and in ways that cannot be achieved through standing and sitting exercises. Each exercise is designed with a different goal in mind, to expand lung capacity, allow heat to leave the liver, expand the space between the lumbar, open spine at the back of the heart, or strengthen specific tendons. A balanced session of Dao-yin opens chi flow in the meridians, removes toxins and tension throughout the body and engenders a deep sense of relaxed peace and calm.” -Healingtaousa.com
You will gain mastery of medical and spiritual qigong /chi kung/ tai chi integrated with Daoist (Taoist) meditation. Great for any one seeking to release stress, heal themselves of a disease, or generate a fresh feeling of energy and understand how to manage your life energy. You will get a clear map of how your body-mind energetically works,and how you can better manage it.
This course is perfect for yogis, dancers, meditators, martial or tai chi artists – anyone seeking deeper grounding in their life or an upgrade in their level of wellness. Many people have succeeded in healing chronic illness with these methods. Virtually any kind of chronic illness can be healed with qigong, as they are all caused by chi blockage. (See Testimonials below).
Healing Tao Basics, it delivers to your body-mind the crown jewels of China’s medical and spiritual practices. These are the core tools you will use your entire life. Learn them well, the rest is easy. The Inner Smile, Six Healing Sounds, & Microcosmic Orbit lay the foundation for a lifetime of clear chi flow and radiant health.You will learn how to talk to the vital organ spirits — the biological intelligences that control your personality and your destiny.
- You will supercharge your belly-dan tien with powerful “empty force” internal chi breathing – done anywhere, standing, sitting, lying. An easy, fun form called Ocean, Sky, Great Heart Breathing: Blissful Breathing Qigong. Plus deep bone marrow breathing and rooting methods of Standing-in-Stillness Qigong that open up a connection to the “bones” of your soul and your ancestors.
- You will learn the following qigong movement forms: Five Animals Do the Six Healing Sounds; Open Chi Flow in Orbit; Five Internal Chi Breathing Standing Postures to open core body channels, plus simple bone beating and breathing.
Learn the ancient Tao secrets of circulating the internal golden light (chi, or qi) up the spine and down the body’s front channel. This famous “Embryonic Breathing” or “MicroCosmic orbit” meditation stops energy leaks, balances all your meridians and energy centers into a single “wheel of chi” or unified chakra. This is the safest method to open your kundalini’s warm current and activate the healing power of your “inner elixir”. It balances the seemingly polarized forces of Heaven and Earth, male and female, yang and yin, and thereby creates a vessel for the hidden third force of the Tao, the Original Chi (yuan chi).
This method of circulating chi in the Micro-Cosmic orbit is so famous that many different techniques have been developed over the millennia to make it easier for the adept to develop this harmonious yin-yang chi flow. I give the ten major methods I have found, integrated into a single guided meditation. From this you can choose the technique(s) most suited to you and develop them further. I explain the deep relationship between the Orbit and the Taoist alchemy theory of jing-chi-shen-wu (essence – energy – intelligence – emptiness). I also give an 11th method, still a quite secret method from Wu Dang Mountain, that is particularly powerful at mixing the blood and chi within the Human body.
Blood and chi are the fundamental essences of Earth and Heaven, so when they are harmonized, your Original Self (Yuan Shen) can emerge and take substance. This is also the beginning of the True Inner Smile meditation, where your Inner Presence radiates effortlessly (wu wei), spontaneously, and your Qi flows continuously! The neigong (inner qi meditation method) of the Microcosmic Orbit will also include a new method of invoking the spinning Dragon Spirits of the Earth to empower our orbital flow. This amplifies the flow in the orbit by a factor of 100x and makes it totally effortless.
This course integrates movement and meditation into one. You will enjoy five simple qigong movements that will open chi flow in your orbit and give you many other healing benefits of China’s “miracle exercise”. It will relax your body, keep the spine flexible, and develop healing hands. It marries the chi of Heaven and Earth. It opens the difficult front (chest) channel, where a lot of emotional chi gets stuck. It’s easy to learn — you can feel the chi flow in a few minutes!
This dynamic Orbit meditation lays the foundation for learning Taoist sexual practices. It is a PRE-REQUISITE – without opening the Orbit, your sexual energy has no easy path to flow in. So this is the FAST method for guiding your wild sexual impulses into useful spiritual pathways of creativity. The Micro-Cosmic Orbit is the foundation for the Fusion of the Five Element practices as well as all the other six higher formulas of Taoist inner alchemy, the science of cultivating ordinary chi into immortal spirit.
Internal Chi Breathing & Rooting
(from Healing Tao website):
The 9 Major Benefits of Internal Chi Breathing (#3):
1. Opens up our ability to breathe – not just air, but Life Force. This radically improves our ability to “breathe in our experience of life”. It gives us the strength to keep on living and trust in the flow of Life.
2. Quickly recharges our body-mind in just five short minutes. Internal breathing practices can be done 24/7 anywhere – in bed, sitting in office, during qigong.
3. Simple standing postures detoxify blocked energies and stressed emotions. Key to letting go, even if your monkey mind still wants to hold on.
4. Mixes our spinal fire and chest water energies to activate a completely safe, grounded kundalini feeling of inner warmth in our belly. It does this by capturing the flow of “empty force” (kong jing) or Original Breath (yuan chi) in deep energy channels & centers that are usually unconscious and cannot be touched by acupuncture or ordinary external qigong breathing methods (waidan gong).
5. Makes your body strong. Prevent & heal asthma and other respiratory conditions, plus many other chronic illness conditions made worse by poor breathing. 3500 scientific studies prove Qigong’s power to prevent & heal chronic illness.
6. Easy fast method to build grounding essential for energy healers, meditators, martial artists, dancers, yogis – everyone needs more grounding for comfortable flow of energy and to keep their sanity!
7. Get in touch with your power to breathe internally by relaxing into the pause between breaths. You literally reduce need for physical oxygen yet at the same time increase energy flow!
8. Creates a profound spiritual feeling of inner balance and harmony. How? Tao Mystical Power of Three cosmology is embodied in a simple qigong breathing form. It unites the Heaven, Earth, & Human Sage within us; 3 energy centers of body, 3 Treasures of Essence, Breath, & Spirit (jing, chi, shen), and the 3 phases of chi (yin, yang, yuan).
9. Put a Tiger in your meditation tank! Lay a solid foundation for deeper levels of meditation (neigong) & alchemical inner elixir cultivation (neidan). Even advanced practitioners of other qigong breathing systems will find it stimulating and filled with new insights.
QIGONG FUNDAMENTALS 4: INTERNAL BONE BREATHING & ROOTING
The 9 Major Benefits of Qigong Fundamentals 4:
1. Opens up our ability to expand the space inside and breathe inside our bones. Bone breathing moves the deep “jing” or sexual essence that shapes our body and health. A new sense of aliveness is born within our core self. When the bones are awake, the rest of you runs more effortlessly. You pump fresh hormones and life into your blood.
2. Five standing postures calm your monkey mind. The anxious thoughts and distractions are re-directed into your bones and the earth. Some ‘empty mind’ standing postures drive the monkey crazy. The dynamic nature of bone breathing keeps the monkey engaged in a positive process and gradually brought to stillness.
3. Allows healing of many chronic illnesses or alleviates their severity, including cancer. The deepest imbalances in our organs and tissues get gradually pushed down into our bone marrow. Releasing the trapped sickness from the bones can product swift (“miraculous”) healing beyond the comprehension of western doctors. 3500 scientific studies prove Qigong’s power to prevent & heal chronic illness.
4. Excellent for women seeking to avoid or heal osteoporosis. Bones waste away because we don’t live inside them. Women lose blood monthly, and this exhausts the jing (= stem cell) supply in the bones that converts itself into blood. Hormonal precursors are produced inside the bones. Learn to manufacture what you need for good health – supplements are not enough. Isometric pressure on bone muscle + chi flow is what works.
5. Increase your flexibility and stretch-ability with tendon and joint qigong. You never grow old if you stay limber. Spine, arm & legs & finger and toe joints all get a beautiful and quick tune-up.
6. Prevent and heal arthritis – the bane of old age (and young age for some). Joints are like spark plugs between the bones – they need cleaning regularly to keep your “spark” in life. My top joint qigong exercises, collected over 20 years research.
7. Learn to clear up and access ancestral issues. This is just beginning level of this work, being able to witness how many emotional and health issues are really blood – ancestral – genetic. But they can be changed by vibrating the bone marrow and “washing” it. Higher level marrow washing method is Lesser and Greater Water & Fire alchemy (Kan & Li).
8. Standing practice and bone breathing is the very best method to build grounding. Grounding is essential for anyone stuck in their head or not quite living “in their body”. It benefits energy healers, meditators, martial artists, dancers, yogis, psychologists, all health care workers, business people. Everyone needs more grounding for comfortable flow of energy and to keep their sanity!
9. Open up deeper level of internal chi breathing, between 1) bones and the dantian, 2) dantian and mingmen (gate of life) where you convert formless chi into your body & mind, and 3) internal counter-force breathing between crown of head (bai hui) and perineum (hui yin). This is deep, blissful experience of core self.